About Me

My photo
Hey everyone! My name is metalmoose and I retexture hair for The Sims 3. I retexture what I feel like playing with, but feel free to send me any suggestions!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Used to Be One of The Rotten Ones, And I Liked You For That (Newsea Shero retextured)

So its been a long hard week, my computer has been broken for a long time, I've been ridiculously tired, and I made the mistake of starting this retexture before my final essay (due tomorrow). The thing that was supposed to be a 45 minute job became a 3 hour job, and then a 4 hour job, because I thought that I could convert it for males.
Even so, Lotus beat me to it, bless their soul, because this was a real bitch to do. And SOMEHOW, she managed to convert the fucker too, but she just enabled it; I did something completely different. Mine has a standalone male version, so no female version is required if you don't want it. Bam. I'm cool, and it only took 4 hours to figure out how to do it.

The song referenced in the title is incredible. It completely calmed me down as I was freaking out about the massive amount of dumbfuckery that has been my week so far, so it basically saved me. Thank you, Broken Social Scene. The Song is called Anthems For a Seventeen Year-Old Girl, and its one of my favorites.

Images? Okay! Adjust shine be on the left, and EA Control on the right. w00t. (Oh, new female model, also, I messed up a color (red) somehow, please bear with me):


Black:


Brown:


Red:


Blonde:


Control:


And preview of males, (just for kicks):



If you like what you see, go ahead and download, it would make me super stoked!

Please download only one set of files. I made that mistake during testing, which caused the hair to just not show up at all, which freaked me out (and added an extra hour to the process). Additionally, If you want the Adult male hair and the female toddler-elder, then use the ALL file, thats why its there, I'm trying to be nice here. 

To be clear, it is for all ages and sexes except male preschooler and male child (and babies of course, but that should be a given) I don't want to make more versions, I'm completely sick of this hair, I put too much work into it, I'm done. (For real, there are 10 files down there, please just be happy).

The files are sortof large, but no big, I guess; unzipped, you're going to have 70-90 megabytes of files, depending on the one you download, but keep in mind you'll only be sticking a maximum of 48 megabytes into your game. My files are large because I use and HQ modification, and it has to look purdy and stuff.

(Oh Jesus Christ, this is going to be a long one)Filenames: (Used To Be One of The Rotten Ones (Newsea Shero - ALL) Retextured By Metalmoose.package), (Used To Be One of The Rotten Ones (Newsea Shero - C) Retextured By Metalmoose.package), (Used To Be One of The Rotten Ones (Newsea Shero - F) Retextured By Metalmoose.package), (Used To Be One of The Rotten Ones (Newsea Shero - M) Retextured By Metalmoose.package), (Used To Be One of The Rotten Ones (Newsea Shero - P) Retextured By Metalmoose.package)

(Used To Be One of The Rotten Ones (Newsea Shero - ALL) Retextured By Metalmoose (EA Control).package), (Used To Be One of The Rotten Ones (Newsea Shero - C) Retextured By Metalmoose (EA Control).package), (Used To Be One of The Rotten Ones (Newsea Shero - F) Retextured By Metalmoose (EA Control).package), (Used To Be One of The Rotten Ones (Newsea Shero - M) Retextured By Metalmoose (EA Control).package), (Used To Be One of The Rotten Ones (Newsea Shero - P) Retextured By Metalmoose (EA Control).package)






Disclaimer: I did not make this hair myself, I just fucked with the files, the originals can be found here, and they're by the super awesome super (asian? I'm making stuff up, its definitely bedtime) Newsea Duo. The only thing I can claim is my screwing with the files, and making a male version. And the male version doesn't require a female version. Its standalone, bitches. I'm really proud of myself. 


Please report any issues you may have, because I messed with files other than textures, which is way out of my (limited) range of expertise, please let me know.

Thank you for looking at my blog and supporting my work, all I ask is that you say nice things if you mean them, and consider clicking the ad from time to time, because that way, I get some form of compensation. OH! and don't be afraid to make a request, unless its for a brand new newsea hair, which I will most likely do immediately.

Thank you for dealing with my Goddamn Dirty mouth,
'moose.

So this is the part where I ask that you don't share my stuff without giving myself or Newsea credit. We both worked hard on this (at least I did) so the least you could do is link back to my blog. Please use my work for whatever you like, but pleasepleaseplease no paysites. For the love of god.  Have a nice day (night?)

6 comments:

  1. LOL I like your version better than Lotus' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Shyne, you just made my night!

    By the way, I've been messing around with your textures a bit, I'm still working on getting them JUST right though, I'll have more time after finals are over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're very hard to work with, most hairs they don't suit. I'm working on some at the moment... Eventually I will have my OWN textures lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Where Did You Get The Shirt In The Last Picture? The Comic Book One With Zombies (It Looks Almost Like Walking Dead...)

    Cause I Bought That Shirt For My Boyfriend, And I'm Sure He'd Love For His Sim Version To Have It!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually made it, it turned out really blurry, though.

    (I think its by the artist who drew the walking dead)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love It! Would You Mind Sharing It..?

    ReplyDelete