About Me

My photo
Hey everyone! My name is metalmoose and I retexture hair for The Sims 3. I retexture what I feel like playing with, but feel free to send me any suggestions!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Never Pick Up The Phone When It Ring Ring Rings (Newsea Luxury Moose'd)

Oh my gosh you guys. Finals are happening again. I'm not loving it. So naturally, I've been retexturing and fixing like no one's business. Also, the blog looks different, I needed a change. It is still subject to change, though.

So initially, I thought this hair was fine, I just retextured it in about an hour, I thought it was going to look wonderful in game, and then I actually opened it in-game. The hair was RIDICULOUSLY large. Like, actually GIANT. So I had to fix it, because I liked the mesh.

This hairstyles name is based on I Am Not A Robot by Marina And The Diamonds. Perhaps you've heard the version by Hoodie Allen? I love them both :)

Click to enbiggen:

Black:



Brown:



Red:



Blonde:



Control:


CATCH PHRAZE:
Here are some things you need to know. It is available for all ages, but I only fixed Adults. You may only have ONE version in your game, because daboobs makes mesh fixes go coocoo bananas, and because fat sliders are compatible this way. Additionally, on my version, you WILL see a tiny bit of your sims' left ear. I forgot to take a picture of it, but it really isn't bad at all, I promise. If that sounds like a deal breaker, you should keep Newsea's version and deal with giant head.



Disclaimer: This mesh is not mine, but I did play with the textures and the mesh to fit my tastes (and hopefully yours). 

This is the book where you can find my digital face. Additionally, you can also comment or subscribe if you like what I've got going on here.

I am not a robot, 
Moosie

P.S. (AHN PANK!): If you have any issues with my files, shoot me a comment on something, or an email, and I will fix it when I can, okay?
You can use my work for anything, but please give me credit if you're including it in an upload, also, no paysites.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!
    Please put the black hair model for download! She's awesome!!!
    I love your re-textures!!!

    [sorry for my bad grammar...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, I'm glad you like her, I'll upload her after my blonde model.

    No worries about grammar, mine can be pretty bad too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. metalmoose, thank you so much for resizing and retexturing this hair!

    I have a question, though. Is it hard to resize hair meshes and would it be possible for you to teach me how? I would love to learn! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest, it isn't super difficult, but you're going to need to have a full version of milkshape 3D. Once you have that, you're just going to have to manipulate the dimensions using the X Y and Z axes, and occasionally you'll have to move the hair forward or back or down using them as well. The key to it is to think about the style in 3D space, and it takes some practice, but it isn't so bad. Once you have milkshape, I'd be glad to help you, but I'd prefer to talk over email than in the comments section :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much! I do have a full version of MilkShape and my email address is colorful.fabric@live.ca

    I really can't wait to learn! There are a few male hairs that I'd really like to resize.

    ReplyDelete