About Me

My photo
Hey everyone! My name is metalmoose and I retexture hair for The Sims 3. I retexture what I feel like playing with, but feel free to send me any suggestions!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

But You Didn't Have To Cut Me Off (Newsea WakeUp Moose'd)

I have lots to do, so this will be quick-ish.

I thought this hair was too high, so I played with it a bit.

Title is based on Gotye's song, Somebody That I Used To Know. After listening to his album, I decided that I liked this song much better, but both are definitely worth a listen.

Click to make big:

Black:



Brown:



Red:



Blonde:



Control:


CATCH PHRASE!
This hair is 9156 polygons in lod0, and 4358 for lod1. (Let me explain my poly system. Green = Good, Yellow = Iffy for some, Orange = Use at your own risk, Red = Extremely high, not recommended for slowish computers. I hope that clears things up.)
WARNING: This hairstyle has its fair share of issues, and my fixing the textures and height is only fixing two of them. From certain angles, the hair disappears if you're looking into it (this can be seen in the brown image) this is Newsea's fault because they simply didn't mesh in that area, but if you look at it from the outside, you can't see it. Additionally, if you look closely at my version and Newsea's, you'll notice that there is some blurryness at the ends of the hair, but that is present in both versions, and is Newsea's fault.
*This is available for all ages, and won't replace Newsea's or any other version.*



Dislaimer: Textures are mine, the mesh is not, although I did edit it.

If you like what I do, you can comment and tell me how I did or how I can improve, subscribe to be notified when I make something new, or like my facebook page to be notified AS SOON an anything is posted.

So this is the end of the story-
Moosie

P.S. (IN GREEEEN): If you have any issues with my retextures, please let me know, and I will fix them as soon as possible.
Feel free to use my retextures in previews without giving credit, but I do require credit if you bundle my files in a download. Please ask before using my meshfixes in retextures. Don't claim my stuff as yours, don't steal my textures, no paysites. 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you retextured this one! O.o Where have I been?? Thank you! I used to have Marie Antoinette's version but now that she's gone I shall use yours! You even fixed Woot! :D

    ReplyDelete