About Me

My photo
Hey everyone! My name is metalmoose and I retexture hair for The Sims 3. I retexture what I feel like playing with, but feel free to send me any suggestions!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

'Cause When I'm Standing Here In The Dark, I See Your Face In Every Star (Newsea Lullaby Moose'd)

So I'm going to be brief, because I want to do other things today.

I've always liked this hair, hated how high it was and the lack of breast slider compatibility. I've fixed all that. YAY. This is quite likely my last version of this hair, as it is now flawless. Ba-bam bam.

Hair's name is based on an Ellie Goulding song. Ellie Goulding is just wonderful.

Click to enlarge:

Black:



Brown:



Red:



Blonde:



Control:


Catch Phrase!
This hairstyle is 12,408 polygons in LOD0 and 7,543 in LOD1. LOD1 is higher than the original because the original looked weird in-game. I hope most of you can run it, but it is on the higher poly side. 
*This hairstyle is available for teen-elder females only. There's no way a toddler would have hair like this. Also I'm horribly lazy*
This hairstyle is compatible with fat and breast sliders. Somehow I managed to make fat and thin morphs for this hair without having it explode, I feel like a superhero. 

-Press CTRL + S to download when you reach the page-
(or go up the to left-hand corner and click file, and select download from the drop-down menu)




DISCLAIMER: I did not mesh this, Newsea did. I just played with the shape and added slider support. The thin morphs and bone assignments are mine.

If you'd like to follow me, I have a facebook, and my sim tumblr, but you can choose to follow me here on blogger, and comment, if you so desire. 

I'd do it all for you,
Moose

Please let me know if you have any issues so I can do my best to fix them. 

Please feel free to use this version of this hairstyle for anything you like, including picture taking or video making. I only ask that you do not reupload anywhere unless it is with a sim bundle, in which case I ask that you mention me by name and maybe link back here. Also, you may retexture this hair and all hairs prior as long as it has been more than 3 weeks since their release. For example, you may retexture this hair, but I'd rather you not post it until August 9th, 2012. Please don't claim as your own, please don't steal my textures. 

9 comments:

  1. Alernate links for silly people:

    Adjust-Shine

    EA Control

    Enjoy, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for being awesomely, psychotically, twistedly, silly! Thank you Moose!!

      Delete
    2. Guess I'm silly, because the link just went to the Google Drive homepage once I got past the Adfly page. Ctrl-S didn't do anything on either of those pages, and it didn't say "file" along the lefthand side anywhere. On the plus-side, I increased your Adfly count by about a dozen clicks. ;)

      The hair looks lovely, and I'm so glad it works with sliders now! Thank you.

      Delete
    3. There's nothing wrong at all with being silly, I've been in a similar position many times, and its damn frustrating, so alternates will always be posted in future posts.
      Although it could be a browser compatibility issue. Either way, I don't mind which link people end up using as long as they manage to get their hands on it when they want it, but thank you VERY MUCH for the clicks, bitterquill!

      Delete
    4. Yes, more than likely it's a browser issue. I use Nightly (the 64-bit version of Firefox); it works beautifully 99.9% of the time, but it isn't as common as Firefox Prime so a hiccup wouldn't be at all surprising.

      As long as there's a link I can use, you won't see me complaining. Your stuff is great.

      Delete
  2. Finally, this hair has normal EA highlights retexture. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you don't do much male hair, but I am in desperate need of some more male hairs....I have a family with almost 30 kids in it (portrait panel mod is amazeballs), and even though I keep making the mom eat watermelons, she keeps popping out triplet boys. I recently saw some of the hairs from Pets--namely the fauxhawk and shaved mohawk, and I was wondering if you'd consider doing retextures on those? *aaaandincludingthemeshescuzIdontwannabuythegamejustforthehairpleasekthanx*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed. I have to say, your retextures and fixed hairs are some of the best I've come across. So much that I actually deleted all my others just to replace them with yours! Most of the others don't fix the 'too much volume' issue that drives me batty. Since my hair is extremely long in real life, I know that regular hair does not fluff out as much as the originals and the flatter versions you make are much more realistic.

    I do have one question about this hair that you didn't mention. Is it possible to have both adjusted shine and the ea in the game or should I only choose one? I like them both so much, but I can choose if I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hii I wanted 2 say that I like that u use gifs to show how borked those hairs use to be; it really helps and that u try 2 reduce the polycount 4 the 'dos and I like how they are alltogether. Great!

    ReplyDelete