About Me

My photo
Hey everyone! My name is metalmoose and I retexture hair for The Sims 3. I retexture what I feel like playing with, but feel free to send me any suggestions!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

All I Wanted To Be Is A Million Miles From Here (Peggy 752 Moose'd)

So these past few days have included a really messy situation. I finally hit TSR's radar, and they retaliated by having some of my files taken down. I've reuploaded them to uploaded.to, and here's hoping they stay there, because there's no way I'm NOT gonna fix Skysims' sloppy work or Cazy's dark textures in the future (double negative means I will, just in case you didn't catch that).

So I've always wanted to convert this hairstyle, and it was actually my first conversion attempt, but it didn't work out. I just wasn't good enough at converting, so I've actually been trying to convert this thing on and off for about 4 months. In total, I've attempted to convert it about 8 times? But I've finally done it properly

So this hair has no breast assignments or fat morphs because they aren't actually necessary. Even with the sliders at their extremes, the hair doesn't clip, so it should be fine. I promise I'm not being lazy, because I actually really love this style, and plan to use it quite a lot. Also, I tried to make it breast slider compatible, but the problem with that was that the corkscrews did NOT play nice with larger breasts. Also, I assigned the hair to the clavicle bone instead of the spine bone, and it animates VERY differently than most hairs, so I mean, its going to be interesting. But personally, I like the way it animates.

Anyway, this hair's name is based on a brilliant song by Mark Ronson and Lily Allen called Oh My God.

Click to enlarge things:

Black:



Brown:



Red:



Blonde:



Control:



CATCH PHRASE.
This hairstyle is 10,137 polygons in LOD0, and 7,054 in LOD1. (Which is an improvement over the original's 16,00 for both LOD0 AND LOD1). I hope most of you will be able to run it.
*This hairstyle is only available for teen-elder females, and is non-default because I repackaged the whole thing by myself.*



DISCLAIMER: I didn't make the original version, but this conversion is ALL mine. This doesn't clip because of me, this animates because of me, and the textures are mine too, so its pretty because of me. Peggy laid the groundwork for this conversion, but I completed it myself. 

IF you like what I do, please comment subscribe, or like my facebook! Or all three.

It Don't Matter To Me-
Moosie

P.S.(In PAAAAANK): Please let me know if you have any issues with my work so I can fix them as soon as possible.
Go ahead and use my work for anything, but please don't reupload this anywhere unless you're bundling with a sim, in which case I ask that you link back to the page in which you got it, please don't steal my textures, and ask before retexturing. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh no.. -_- Why won't the people at TSR get a life? Why don't they go take their jealousy and shove it up their...>___> Anyway I LOVE this hair! Its so adorable! This was a successful conversion for sure! Lol I wish I knew how to work with hairs. The only thing I know how to do is retexture and there are enough awesome retextures already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh.. I fucking hate TSR... :P The bastards don't know when to not be assholes. But hey! You know you've made it when international companies attack you.

    Oh, and I love this.. A lot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really great :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It says page not found after the adfly page.

    ReplyDelete