About Me

My photo
Hey everyone! My name is metalmoose and I retexture hair for The Sims 3. I retexture what I feel like playing with, but feel free to send me any suggestions!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

These Friends of Ours, They Seem Pretend (Newsea Shepherd Moose'd)

Your first question may be why this took so long. It took much longer than expected, because while I was ready to post this a few days ago, I was at a friend's house and he suddenly told me about our plans to go be extras in a film being shot up in LA. I had never heard of these plans, and I literally got back today. So I mean, I didn't really have any opportunity to post this until now, so I'm sorry.

When I saw this I loved it for its simplicity. Another reason to love this hair is the polycount, because it is so low. That isn't sarcasm, the whole thing is just under 9,000 polys. My issue was the height of the whole thing, and the claw boobies and such and so forth. So I took it into Milkshape and shrank the top down so that it fit the head better, and then I redid all the bone assignments and VIOLA! it was perfect. Or so I thought. When I got it in game, I found a minor squiggle that I accidentally created in the mesh. You can see it here and here. I'm really sorry, but I played a very long time with it in game, and the squiggle didn't even bother me, and I couldn't get over how much better it was and how well it works in-game. Also, I am aware of the clipping. The clipping shown in the black image happened on that model because her ears were further back than is normal, so if your sims have weird ears, that is a problem, but not mine. The clipping in the brown and control images over the breasts is due to my addition of thin morphs. Most hairs only have base and fat morphs so that the hair works with all weight, but mine has thin morphs so thin sims don't have floating hair, but that means in certain ridiculous animated positions, clipping may occur because of the increase of closeness to the breasts. 

This hairstyle's title is based on lyrics from a song called No. 1 Against The Rush by Liars. Enjoy, its beautiful, and the music video is pretty nuts.

Click to enlarge:
Black:


Brown:




Red:



Blonde:



Control:


Catch Phrase!
This hairstyle is 8,998 polygons in LOD0, and 3,421 polygons in LOD1. Everyone should be able to run it!
*This hairstyle is available for all ages, although only the fix is for teen-elder females, the child and toddler versions are exactly like Newsea's but don't have the accessory and were repacked with DABOOBS because they have no morphs anyway, and I have no desire to make them. *
This hairstyle is compatible with breast and fat sliders (also thin sliders). 

-Press CTRL + S to download when you reach the page-
(or go up the to left-hand corner and click file, and select download from the drop-down menu)




DISCLAIMER: I did not mesh this. This was meshed by the lovely and talented Newsea. I only redid the bone assignments, added a thin morph, and replaced the original textures with mine. 

This is my facebook, and this is my tumblr, but you can also comment or subscribe here on blogger. 

And Again and Again and Again,
Moose

P.S. If anything goes wrong let me know so I can fix it. Unless you ask a question that is answered IN THE POST, in which case you will be ignored and maybe shamed. 

I would be so honored if you decide to use my work in any picture taking or movie making. Please do not re-upload unless it is with a sim bundle, in which case link back to this page. Please do not retexture without permission, please do not claim as your own, and please don't steal my textures. 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely as usual. Thanks for sharing.

    By the way, can and will you by any chance consider make Skysims hair no. 20 (short hair for all ages and genders) fit the head better and adding you own retexture?
    It's a very nice hair but the sims turns into aliens wearing it. Lotus made a retexture of it some time ago, but I have the files from TSR if you need them to make it fit better. If so mail me on trold123@msn.com.

    Best regards,
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you learn to make those amazing bone assignments?? They ARE SOOO AMAZING ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just took lots of practice, to be honest. And they're not particularly incredible, its just that Newsea did something silly by assigning the hair to spine 2 and not spine 1, and the difference can be seen in the brown haired image. Spine 2 is for the lower back, right before the waist, and spine 1 is for the shoulders, so why they thought it would be a good idea to assign the hair to the area just above the butt is beyond me.

      Delete
    2. Oh I feel silly; I forgot to thank you for your comment. Thank you, anon, it means a lot as I've been working on improving my bone assignments!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Lol...still don't know how to download from google O.o

      Delete
    2. Sorry I totally forgot!
      ALTERNATE LINKS FOR ALL!

      Adjust-Shine
      EA Control

      Delete